He was boasting about his grandmother’s Chicken Cordon Bleu, and when he told us he would make it for us one day, we took him at his word. Lucas wrote out the recipe, and I bought the ingredients. Then, on a morning when we had multiple projects going, Lucas became head chef. I assisted, and other students floated in and out of the kitchen to help pound chicken breasts with a maul, or season the bread crumbs, or just snag a piece of cheese and chat.
Lucas himself wrote: Today at Smokey House I made chicken cordon bleu. It was easy to make. At first I thought it was gonna taste pretty weird because we had different ingredients than how I’m used to making it but it ended up tasting great.
Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Swiss cheese
- Organic chicken Breast
- Bread crumbs
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Olive oil
- Pound the chicken breast to flatten it.
- Roll up the chicken breast with the Swiss cheese and ham.
- Then beat eggs.
- Dip it in the egg batter then roll them around the bread crumbs.
- Cook it until it’s brown in a frying pan with olive oil.
- Put the cooked chicken in the baking dish.
- Pour cream of mushroom soup over the chicken in a baking dish.
- Then put it in the oven at 425 till the cream of mushroom soup is hot take it out.